MS Office Suite is a highly beneficial set of applications that are available not just for Windows but also for Mac OS. MS Outlook works in the same manner in Mac OS, but with a different interface. The data file of Outlook for Mac is also different from that of Outlook (PST file). It uses OLM to save the mailboxes, and the folder hierarchy is also in accordance with the Mac OS environment.
In the present article, we will learn a simple method to import OLM files to Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail is a simple web-based email application popular for its simple user interface and one of the pioneers of web-based emails. The Yahoo Mail users get multiple advantages, unlike any other email client-
- With the help of IMAP/POP protocols, the user can access their accounts on multiple web browsers.
- As soon as the user creates the account, he/she gets the free 1 TB storage on all Yahoo domains (yahoo.com, ymail.com, and rocketmail.com).
- There are approximately 200 filters that can block multiple contacts, messages, and email addresses.
- Apart from Yahoo-based accounts, the user can use the different email addresses to access Yahoo Mail.
- There is an option called ‘collect mail from additional POP accounts’ to send emails to other accounts using the Yahoo interface.
- Yahoo uses 2-step authentication and a Yahoo account key to protect the account and increase security.
- For the incoming emails, it uses virus scanning and block-by-default feature to reduce online threats.
- The paid Yahoo Mail will remove the unnecessary ads from the page.
- Several compelling features give Yahoo Mail a desktop-like interface (address auto-completion, drag & drop, automatic tabs, multiple keyboard shortcuts, etc.)
- The paid Yahoo Mail users get instant support from Yahoo Technical team.
- All the transactions through Yahoo Mail and encrypted by default.
How to Import OLM Files to Yahoo Mail?
When the subscription or license for Outlook for Mac, MS Office Suite, or Microsoft 365 ends, then you can either upgrade it or convert the platform as there is no manual method to manage OLM files to Yahoo. Hence, you need to use professional converter software.
Kernel OLM to PST Converter software can access the OLM file from its location and save them to another file format or location. It can also export the emails to another email client directly. Let’s see how we can import our Outlook for Mac data to our Yahoo mailbox.
- Start the software Kernel for OLM to PST. It shows all the interfaces on the Home screen. You can click File, then click Select File.
- The Source File Selection wizard shows the option to Browse or search the OLM file. Click Browse if you know the location of the OLM file.
- After you have selected the file, click Next.
- The Information page will bring all the information about the export process. Click the Finish option.
- The tool will retrieve all the information from the OLM file. You can check the contents of a folder and its items. You will get a preview of the selected file. Then click the Save option.
- Under the Web-Based Email Clients, choose Yahoo as the output option. Click Next.
- Apply the filters to the OLM file. There are several filter categories that you can use. Click Next.
- In the Login ID and Password fields, input the required credentials for the Yahoo account. Then click Finish.
The tool will connect with the Yahoo account and import all the selected files to the selected folder. After the completion, you can check the Outlook for Mac emails in Yahoo Mail.
After knowing the advantages of Yahoo Mail and its simplicity, many email users would like to extort its benefits. Whenever you want to move from Outlook for Mac to Yahoo, you should use Kernel OLM to PST Converter software. It offers multiple output formats and saving locations. It will be quite easier for you to export emails from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
A free version of the software offers all the features with limited saving functionality like it will export 25 items per folder.