Pictures store treasure moments, and re-visiting them whenever possible is a habit for many. The Photos Gallery in Windows offers its users an enhanced photo viewing experience. It enables you to view and organize pictures. However, it does showcase an error, sometimes indicating that pictures are not showing in the gallery. This could occur due to multiple reasons like the older version of the application and Windows operating system or minor errors and bugs in the gallery or pictures. A troublesome situation could be when the pictures have become severely damaged, putting a restriction on their display. But all these problems can be easily resolved. In this article, we will be discussing methods to fix this issue.
- Update Windows
The first and foremost thing to do is to update the Windows operating system. Updates on Windows are basic changes that are made to fix bugs or improve the functions. One of the reasons for pictures not showing in the gallery could be an outdated version of the Windows operating system on your desktop.
Follow these steps to update windows –
- Open ‘Settings’ on your system and then click on ‘Update & Security.
- From the ‘Windows Update’ option, click on ‘Check for Update,’ and it will start finding the available updates.
- Update the photo application
The photo gallery is an application in the Microsoft store. If it is unable to show pictures, there might be a minor bug issue that can be easily resolved by doing a pending update. This issue has been fixed for many users by updating the photo application with the latest available update.
Follow this step to update your photo application-
- Open the ‘Microsoft Store.’ Click on the 3 dots present on the top right corner and select ‘Download and updates.’
- Reset the photo gallery
The Reset option is available for all applications, and it is used to clear out data so that new and fresh photos can be added and viewed conveniently.
These steps will help you to reset the photo gallery-
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your system and click on ‘Apps’.
- Under the ‘Apps & features’ tab, search for photos. An option of ‘Advanced options’ will appear once you click on it.
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- Run the troubleshooter
A troubleshooter detects the exact cause of an error and then puts focus on resolving it. It digs deeper into the root cause of the problem.
Go along these steps to run a troubleshooter scan-
- Launch ‘Settings’ on your system and go to ‘Update & Security.’
- Under the ‘Troubleshoot’ tab, select ‘Additional troubleshooters.’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Windows Store Apps.’
- Click on ‘Run the troubleshooter,’ and it will begin the scanning process.
- Uninstall and reinstall the photo gallery
There is a high possibility that the photo gallery application has been completely damaged due to a virus attack. In case of complete corruption, it is recommended to uninstall the application and reinstall it again.Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and uninstall the application, and you can reinstall it from the Microsoft official website.
- Open pictures using another photo viewer
If the issue still pertains, try to open the pictures using some other photo viewer application. If the pictures don’t get shown in another application also, then it can be concluded that the pictures have gone corrupt or inaccessible.
- Repair corrupted photos
If none of the above-mentioned methods help display the pictures in the photo gallery, then a conclusion can be drawn that the photos have become inaccessible or corrupted. To deal with this critical problem, it is advisable to opt for a professional tool like the Kernel Photo Repair. It is a powerful tool to repair all types of corrupted, inaccessible, or broken photo formats in a jiffy.
Follow these simple steps to repair your photos-
- Install the Kernel Photo Repair in your system.
- Open the tool and click on ‘+’ to add pictures that you want to repair.
- You can select the pictures from anywhere on the system and click on ‘Open.’
- It will be presented on the tool; select ‘Repair Files.’
- Select the preferred destination to save the repaired pictures. Click on ‘OK.’
- The repairing process will commence. After its success, click on ‘Save report to CSV,’ and the pictures will be repaired and saved.
The Kernel Photo Repair tool can be used to repair any image file format without any restriction on the size and number of files. It is well compatible with all Windows versions, including the latest Windows 11 version.
The Windows Photo Gallery could be displaying an error when pictures do not show in the gallery. However, this can be easily fixed. To begin with, make sure to update your Windows system and Photo application with the latest version available. In addition, reset the application to resolve minor errors caused due to an overload of information. If the problem still pertains, opt for a troubleshooter to scan all the Windows applications thoroughly. A virus attack could have been the reason for the gallery to become corrupted and to resolve it, uninstall and reinstall the application. If you have tried all the methods and none seemed to show the pictures in the gallery, then it could be concluded that the pictures have been damaged. To repair and regain memorable pictures, Kernel Photo Repair is the best solution with its professional approach.