MS Outlook 2013 users may face sudden Outlook crashes sometimes. And the Application Event Log may have an Event ID 1000 with the ‘Faulting module name’ as KERNELBASE.dll. Let us understand more about the error and the possible solutions.
Reasons of “Kernelbase.dll” error
This “Kernelbase.dll” error happens due to two main reasons:
- Damaged PST File
- Outlook Profile is not configured properly
Damaged PST files can cause “Kernelbase.dll” error. In such cases, exit the Outlook application and repair your damaged PST file.
Outlook crashes and the “Kernelbase.dll” error can happen due to an incorrect Outlook profile configuration too. You can resolve this issue by reconfiguring the Outlook profile.
Solutions to fix “Kernelbase.dll” error in Outlook
We provide you two manual ways to resolve“Kernelbase.dll” error in Outlook.
- Repair damaged PST using Scanpst.exe
The Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe is the first and foremost tool to repair the damaged PST files.
- Launch the Scanpst.exe tool and use the Browse button to add the damaged PST file.
- The tool scans the PST file and displays the error details. Use the Repair button to repair file.
- When the entire repairing process is complete, you will see this message.
Note: You can locate the Inbox Repair tool at “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office (version)\Scanpst.exe” on your system.
Note: Before using Repair button, check “Make backup of scanned PST file before repairing” and provide file saving path.
If the Outlook application crashes due to an incorrect Outlook configuration, you can create a new profile and configure it in Outlook.
- Open Control Panel and click on Mail.
- Once the Mail Setup is open, click the Show Profiles button.
- Now, click on the Add button to add a new profile.
- Enter the Profile Name, click on OK.
Finally, restart Outlook. If Outlook works without any issues, you can remove PST file from the original profile.
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair
Kernel has an amazing PST Recovery tool for repairing harshly damaged and inaccessible PST files. You can try this Outlook PST Recovery tool if you fail to repair your PST files using the Inbox Repair tool. Unlike the Scanpst.exe, It can also repair large size and password protected PST files. If needed, you can also split your large PST files using this tool.