If you use MS Outlook daily, then you will be very well aware of the junk mail filter that sends junk emails directly to the junk folder without letting them into your inbox. Although it’s possible that sometimes useful emails can also be marked as spam. In that case, you can review the spam folder and restore the emails to your inbox.
What is a Junk Mail Folder?
The Junk mail folder is already present in MS Outlook for storing spam email messages. It is integrated with a screening process that filters out junk or spam emails from the user mailbox. You can even set email messages as spam emails based on various criteria, such as Blocked Sender List, Blocked Top-Level Domains List, Blocked Encodings List.
However, if you are not sure about how to recover mail from the junk mail folder, then this article is for you. Here, we will tell you about the process of recovering useful emails from the junk email folder.
Note: These instructions apply to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and Outlook Office 365.
Follow the below steps to know more about it.
- Open MS Outlook, and in the folder menu, click Junk Email.
- From the list of junk emails, select or open the email that you want to recover.
- After selecting or opening the specific email in the Reading Pane, go to the Home tab. And if the email is open in a separate window, go to the Message tab.
- From the Home tab, click the Delete group and select Junk.
- Specify it’s not a junk email by selecting Not Junk, or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+J.
- You even can add the sender to your safe senders’ list by checking the checkbox Always trust e-mail from this address, so that future messages from the sender are not treated as spam.
- After that, click OK, and Outlook will automatically move the emails to your inbox from the Junk folder, where you can easily revert to the mail.
Well, the above steps are valid for Outlook 2010 and above versions, they do not apply to Outlook 2007 due to a different user interface.
Recovering Junk Email from Outlook 2007
If you want to recover junk emails from Outlook 2007, then follow the below steps:
- Open MS Outlook 2007 and go to the Junk E-mail folder.
- Select the email that you want to restore to the inbox.
- Either click Not Junk, press Ctrl+Alt+J, or select Actions followed by Junk Email > Mark as Not Junk.
- Just like Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2013, you can add the sender of the email to trusted senders in Outlook 2007 by selecting Always trust e-mail from, and click Ok.
The email will be moved to your primary inbox after performing the above steps.
Recovering Deleted Junk Emails in Outlook PST
If you have accidentally deleted the important emails that were in your spam folder, then recovering them is a bit complicated. But, KDR Tools provides an effective solution that can recover deleted emails from Outlook PST file – Outlook PST Recovery. This PST recovery software is created with advanced algorithms, which makes it a useful utility to repair and recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook PST file. The recovered deleted data will appear in red in the software. Also, using the software is simple and straightforward without any complicated steps.
Sometimes even crucial emails also went to the Junk folder in Outlook, which makes it essential to recover them from there. So, in this article, we discussed how you could recover Junk emails from MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007. Also, we talked about recovering deleted junk emails from the Outlook PST file.