Users who look forward to Domino/Notes to on-premises Exchange Server migration should be aware of the requirements, limitations, and complexities in the methods which they are adopting. They surely will benefit from some tips to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Server. To help users in migration, we are putting some facts about the manual solutions users had (for earlier versions). Also, we introduce an easy tool for Lotus Notes to Exchange migration.
Microsoft Transport Suite for Lotus Domino
Using Microsoft Transport Suite for Lotus Domino, one can also move Domino Server content to on-premises Exchange (earlier versions). Its basic requirements are:
- Installation Required: Users need to download and install the free Transport Suite.
- GAL Synchronization: Synchronization between Notes and Exchange environment is needed for access.
- Directory Connector: To synchronize objects between Domino and Active Directories.
- Migration: Creation of new users and migration of mailboxes required
These facts basically outline the requirements in the migration processes, which is quite technical and complex in nature.
Note: Before performing any type of migration between Domino and Exchange, it is generally recommended to take a backup of databases beforehand as a prevention measure.
Best Option for Lotus Notes to Exchange Migration
A smooth and efficient third-party Notes to Exchange tool is the best choice for non-technical users. Out of all the Notes migration tools in the market, we have chosen the best one for you. The tool we are mentioning is Kernel for NSF to PST converter. It makes the lengthy and complex migration from Notes to Exchange a quick and simple task for the users. How? With its advanced result-oriented programming and interactive features. You can try the trial version of the software available online for free, and then go for the purchase of the tool. For now, here are the important features of this exclusive software.
- Local and Domino Server Files: Migrates local NSF files and Domino Server NSF files efficiently
- Migrates All: Moves emails, contacts, calendars, appointments, etc.
- Multiple/Bulk NSF File Migration: Migrates multiple files manually and with CSV file
- Preview Facility: Generates clear preview for all selected mailbox items
- Filter Options: Filters like Date, Categories, Folders, etc.
- Data Integrity: Upholds structural integrity, hierarchy along with meta-data properties
- Wide Support: Supports all Notes and Domino Server versions as source and Exchange Server versions as destinations.
To connect to Exchange Server, you just need to have the tool installed on the machine and provide these details.
- Login Credentials: Enter either Domain Controller Name or IP address
- User Name with Domain: Provide user name with domain address
- Password: Enter the password for the user name with a domain
- Validation: Use the Validate button to validate the added credentials
- Exchange Server details: Select the Exchange Server name, existing profile (optional) and select the checkbox if the Exchange Server version is 2013/2016/2019.
There are many other functions in this reliable tool, such as saving NSF data to Outlook PST file and more, which you can do while working with it. So, save your time and efforts by choosing this highly advanced tool.
For Notes to Exchange migration, manual methods are possible only in the earlier versions of the Domino/Notes and Exchange Servers. However, this article discusses some facts about both manual solutions. Also, it introduces an efficient Notes to Exchange migration tool that supports all versions of Domino/Notes and Exchange Server.