The 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C error often occurs due to an application or program that is not compatible with Microsoft Windows 10. When you’re trying to upgrade your Windows 10 (for New Features of Windows 10), sometimes the installation is interrupted due to:
- An app or program that is not compatible with Windows 10.
- The software is out of date or not updated.
- Device drivers that are not updated or compatible with Windows OS.
- Malware might be preventing the upgrade.
These are the possible reasons for 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C error; if this error is not fixed, you’d not be able to proceed with your Windows 10 upgrade.
Fixing 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C Error Code
The 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C is a common error and can be fixed easily. Here, we have mentioned some methods that can resolve this error quickly.
- Uninstall the Incompatible Software or Application
An application downloaded from unreliable sources might be incompatible with Windows. So, to fix this error, uninstall that software or application. To uninstall an application/software from your system, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Control Panel” and select “Programs and features.”
- Now, select that incompatible software/application and right click on it.
- Click “Uninstall” to remove the application from the system.
After uninstalling the application, try to update Windows 10 and see if it’s working or not.
- Update the Software and ApplicationAn outdated application on your system can cause this error. So, make sure that every software on your system is up-to-date. To check for updates, you can try:
- Many applications have inbuilt options to check for updates. Right click on the software and go to Properties. You’ll find an “Update” tab. Select that tab to check if any updates are available or not.
- Visit the website from where you have downloaded the software and check if any new version is available. If yes, then download and update the software.
- If you’re using Microsoft products, then visit Microsoft store and click the menu icon on the top right. Click the “Download and updates” button to check for updates.
This way you can update the software, and then try to upgrade Windows 10. You might not face the 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C error again. However, if the error is still bothering you, then use Kernel for Windows Data Recovery software to recover data.
Kernel for Windows Recovery
It is an advanced tool that is specially designed to recover data after Windows 10 corruption issues. It can also recover/retrieve permanently deleted items or files. Kernel for Windows Recovery has some great features which make it stand out from other tools.
- Recover Windows data from both logical and physical drives.
- Retrieve images, documents, videos, etc. without any modification.
- Recover lost or permanently deleted files and folders.
- Assured data recovery from corrupt FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and NTFS5 partitions.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows including 10/8.1/8/7 etc.
With the help of Kernel for Windows Recovery, you can quickly retrieve the lost data from Windows devices.
Though 0xC1900208 – 0x4000C is a common error, it can stop you from upgrading Windows. So, it’s better to have a solution at hand. Mentioned above are some efficient methods that can be used to solve this error.