In the midway of migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365, the user can face multiple challenges. These challenges increase the complexity and create confusion even to technically sound people. So, while planning or executing a manual solution, Notes users need to be prepared for these challenges. Here are the major Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration issues in the article.
Challenges Faced by Users During Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration
- Bandwidth IssuesHaving enough bandwidth is a must to move data from any on-premises application like Notes to Office 365 cloud. Low bandwidth can be a major issue for organizations which wants to move a large amount of data from Lotus Notes to Office 365. This would also cause frustration among the users who perform the migration.
- Hybrid Deployment IssuesMany organizations want to retain some data on-premises after migration to Office 365. In that case, the migration process becomes a challenging one. A hybrid build-up introduces more complexities in the process. This is viable in large organizations which need to maintain a large database on the cloud as active service and a small database on-premises an auxiliary service.
- Data Migration IssuesDue to unreliable migration techniques or interference due to other installed programs, there is a possibility that some data is not migrated to the destination or lost while performing the migration. This would not be a satisfactory situation for any user. It is not easy for Notes users to find an effective solution that migrates complete NSF data to Office 365 cloud.
- Malware IssuesGreat care should be there while searching for a solution for performing a migration as it imports viruses or malware along with it when you download it. If the system is affected by the malware, then there could be many Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration issues which hinder the migration process and make it an adverse task. Also, many users fear of the security of their data in the cloud.
- Email Unifying IssuesDuring migration to the cloud platform, data from on-premises email clients like Lotus Notes have to leave their native environments and adapt the Exchange environment completely. It becomes hard to transfer mailbox items other than emails to Office 365. Cloud also restricts the attachments more than 25 MB in size.
These challenges are common and can become a headache for the user at the time of migration. Users can try some simple techniques to overcome these challenges. They can use a higher-bandwidth connection, implement single sign-on with Active Directory Federation Services for co-existence maintenance between on-premises and cloud environment, by introducing file sharing programs for replacing very large email attachments, etc.
All these factors draw the need for a good migration solution for the migration of Lotus Notes to Office 365. Native solutions are complex and unable to overcome the IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration issues mentioned above. So, we are recommending the best third-party software in the market Kernel Office 365 Migrator for Lotus Notes. This tool is specifically designed with robust algorithms for performing IBM Notes to Office 365 migration. You can migrate entire or specific NSF data from Notes and Domino Server to cloud application. It provides various amenities during the migration like skipping duplicate items, intelligent filter options, preview generation, automatic mapping, direct assignment of impersonation rights to user mailboxes. It shows full compatibility to all Lotus Notes versions and Office 365 plans. To try the software features, download the tool here – Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
The article discussed the challenges encountered during the migration task from IBM Notes to Office 365. Also, a perfect solution for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration is discussed. The software is capable of meeting all these challenges to ensure a smooth Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.